3.02.2015

Thank You, Columbia Fiber Arts Guild!!

WOW, do I have some AMAZING news!! The Columbia Fiber Arts Guild made an incredibly generous donation of $500 to Faubion for new art supplies! Almost all of my teaching experience has been at Title 1 schools where the budget (especially for the arts) is extremely tight. This has taught me to be super resourceful, usually doing several projects each year with recyclable materials. Picture my art closet filled with cardboard, bubble wrap, styrofoam, plastic bottles, etc. :] So imagine how overwhelmed & grateful I felt to be loading up a shopping cart at Blick with Ms. Diane from the Guild!

I can't express how thankful I am & my students are for the extra artsy opportunities the Columbia Fiber Arts Guild has provided for the little artists of Faubion. We put some handmade thank you cards in the mail, and will continue to show our appreciation through this blog. Get ready to see many more beautiful artworks throughout the rest of the school year! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment